- French curriculum
- Significant components of the lao and Cambridge Curriculum
- Individual arrangements depending on first language
- Fully qualified native teachers for each language
- Plurilingual education: French, Lao and English
- Individual language courses
- Integrated language teaching
- Creative learning approach
- Leadership and good citizenship
- Comprehensive creative, sport and extracurricular activities
- Whole child development
Welcome to EFLP
The EFLP opened its doors on the 1st of September 2014. This institution was created as a private initiative, with the aim of expanding the educational standards of Luang Prabang, in accordance with the official standards of the French Ministry of Education.
The school has since broadened its academic offering to incorporate parts of the Lao and Cambridge curriculum with subjects taught in French, Lao and English, allowing more diversity in the student body and offering each student a rich plurilingual education.
Preschool children are welcomed unconditionally.
EFLP welcomes elementary and middle school students who are not French speakers, however, fluency in one of the other languages (Lao or English) is required.
Our school is run by a non-profit association, the Association of Parents of Students of the International Francophone School of Luang Prabang (APEEFLP).
Our main objective is to become an educational institution approved and recognised by the Agency for French Education Abroad (AEFE). To this end, we provide education in line with school curricula, organisational rules and teaching objectives applicable in France and broadcasted by this Agency. To offer individual arrangements by including signifiant components of the Lao and Cambridge curriculum, we follow official instructions to build international sections.
Our teachers are fully qualified and experienced graduates; all native speaker in the language they are teaching.